Tuesday, December 29, 2009

December

December was a really tough month. My grandfather died, among some other not so pleasant events. Here's a poem I wrote.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1231587/ . Actually that's a link to this great new movie coming out ( ha ha....seriously). It was on my "copy" thing and I think I'll keep it in this post. Now here's the poem (it's a rough draft and probably will change)


december

a shoulder

a wrist

an ankle

connecting parts

 

december tore me to pieces

worked me until my throat was dry

 

heavy knocks on the door

spanish stairwells echo

eros holds my hand and walks me home.

 

you get me a glass of water

 

                at 3:52 in the morning

                        and i laugh

 because you look so vulnerable

                       walking naked into the kitchen

 

 

and i only take a few sips before i fall asleep , clammy bodies pressed up against each other.

 

 

here where the draft blows in from my closet

where the window broke in august

i never got it fixed and december tears in

 

here i am

 

shaken out

 

 

the dirty rug draped over my balcony.

No comments:

Post a Comment